The crack in marble can be fixed using epoxy adhesive.
1. Start by mixing the knife grade epoxy (like Superior Poly-Epoxy) with pigments to match the existent color.
2. Using the given mix ratio add the hardener. You need to do this on a disposable surface, like piece of cardboard.
3. Push the mixture into the crack, as deeply as you can.
4. Use the razor blade to spread it evenly, ensuring you fill up to the flat surface’s level.
5. Give this at least 15 minutes or as long as written in instruction for use, before you continue to work on it.
6.The porous nature of marble, allows it to readily absorb fluids, and it can absorb many strong glues. For deeper penetration and best adhesion you can use a flowing epoxy.
To continue repair you’ll need file down the rests of epoxy with sandpaper and polish marble to desirable finish.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail