Marble Care TipsBlog Home
1. Avoid getting any acid based cleaners such as toilet bowl cleaner on your stone as it will damage or “etch” the surface of the stone.
2. Make sure you seal your marble/grout periodically as the effectiveness of the sealer will reduce over time.
3. The shinier floor will sooner show patterns of wear and scratches.
4. For scratches removing try buffing stone surface with #0 dry steel wool.
5. For scratches hiding on black surfaces try to use a black permanent marker.
6. In some cases small scratches can disappear by using stone color enhancer sealer.
7. Stone waxing is used as quick fixes and are more of a problem than a solution. Stone waxing prevent from “breathing” and the chemicals used for stripping can burn and damage stones.
8. A marble floor can be easy damaged by sand or dirt, which makes scratches on the surface and reduce a shine.
9. Make sure the selected stone cleaner can be used on the your kind of stone.
10. Any stone can lose a shine if it is not properly maintained.
11. Onyx or limestone is beautiful stone but soft and better if used in a low traffic areas.
12. Always dry your marble or granite after washing as they can to get stains easily.
13. Any types of sealer provide limited protection. It is important to understand that diligent care must be taken to maintain the beauty of natural stone.
14. Any spills containing acid or alkaline will etch and produce dull marks on your marble.
15. Free-rinse neutral stone cleaner is best for periodic marble floor wet mopping.
16. The first step of restoration should be to strip away any build up of old wax.
17. Polishing stone is abrasive process, is not just applying wax onto surface and then buffing it up.
18. Color enhancer sealers will enhance or enrich the color of marble.
19. Thinset under floor tiles leave empty spaces which can cause cracks, and after drying may produce lippage.
20. Penetrating sealer doesn’t protect stone surface from etching. Sealing will protect from staining.
21. To avoid etching – wipe up spills immediately, use a neutral stone cleaner made specifically for stone.
22. A marble is very vulnerable material and can be easy damaged in 10 minutes after restoration if used improperly.
23. Cultured marble is coated in resin, which makes it stain and liquid proof.
24. Natural marble has higher aesthetic value than cultured marble.