How to remove a marble tile and install new one?Blog Home
1. Identify a broken tile that you need to replace. Remove old grout as deep as you can with grout knife.
2. Crush the old tile with tile/masonry chisel and hammer, pay close attention to surrounding tiles to avoid its damage.
3. Once the damaged tile is out, clear the mortar residue that held the tile in place.
4. Remove all parts of broken tile and mortar with broom or vacuum cleaner.
5. For the best adhesion pre-wet all surfaces with damp sponge or spray bottle.
6. Using tile trowel spread a fresh mix of thinset mortar around the center of the tile’s space.
7. Gently place the new tile into the opening, taking care not to break off the edges.
8. Once it fits, press it with even force, to spread evenly the mortar beneath the tile, remove excess.
9. Give the setting 24-48 hours for full cure before applying a grout.